Decided if I want to learn to be successful I want to learn from someone who is successful. Found a course ran by Mark Victor Hansen from Chicken Soup of the Soul series, who have sold 440 million copies so thought they might know a thing or two about publishing.
2008 Attended MEGABooks, USA (Mark Victor Hansen, Chicken Soup for the Soul. Opened my eyes to publishing world and thought self-publishing was the way to go.
- Met some publishers including David Hancock who I had submitted a proposal to.
- Randy Peyser – publisher, met her at CEO Space as well.
- Marty – traffic staffing wanted 70% of my company (no)
- Spoke to another publisher in program
- Spoke to Mark Victor Hansen but not interested.
2008 Attended MegaBiz, USA training – good inspiration and opened up my eyes.
2008 Attended CEO Space – 7 day biz boot camp, I thought it would give me the connections and help to get a funding partner, planned to go to 2009 one but got stuck in Vietnam as Bangkok Airport closed for 10 days.
- Muriel Glasgow – interested, UN talk show mentoring cost $3k per month
- Robert Gould – publisher San Diego – interested but new investors not interested
- David Stacey – funding options, not an option
2008 Looked into Virgin Funding in Asia, met someone in Bangkok, and decided not to proceed.
2008 Created a website but had problems updating it in Vietnam.
2008 Met potential Kiwi business partner in Vietnam, not right.
2008 Meeting with Member from Ministry of Culture and Tourism, Vietnamese Government saw mock-up book and asked if interested in book for 2010 Hanoi 1000 year Celebration. Was not interested as business connection.
2008 Company moved us back to Thailand, just as I returned from CEO Space (but lived in Vietnam some of the time)