Now considered one of the 3 main Roman Catholic churches in Hanoi.
Built by the French in the Colonial days and originally named ‘Church of Martyrs’, known as Northern Gate or Cua Bac Church as it is situated across from the Northern Gate of the ancient Citadel on Hoang Dieu Street.
Designed and overseen by French architect Hebrard as part of the Hanoi’s urban plan.
Built in 1932 featuring both Asian and European architectural features. Eclectic style, with a strong Art Deco influence; plus integrating traditional architecture that suited the climate better.
This Indochina style became popular and what Hebrard became famous for.